Plane spotters will certainly understand: I like spotting vintage computers and codes in TV Shows and movies. If you find the topic interesting, then you may want to visit the excellent and reference website Staring the Computer (http://www.starringthecomputer.com/). Let me share – or re-share – here some of the best sightings I’ve made during 2016. In order of appearance in the pictures of the post:
– In the excellent TV show Preacher (2016 on AMC), Odin Quincannon (Jackie Earle Haley) uses a Commodore 64 in his office to play and release some steam.
– In Preacher again, the travel agent (Tara Karsian) books a ticket to hell for the angels (Fiore – Tom Brook – and deBlanc – Anatol Yusef) so they can save Arseface (Ian Colletti), using a Macintosh and an Image Writer.
– In Breach (2007), Robert Hanssen (Chris Cooper) is ready to make one last dead drop of stolen C language code before the FBI catches him.
– In the Avengers (2012), Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) was right, the technician was really playing Galaga!
– In the brilliant TV show Westworld (2016 on HBO), Bernard Lowe (Jeffrey Wright) reviews and reveals us the narrative code of Dolores Abernathy (Evan Rachel Wood).